Brooke Hennig is an award-winning actress, producer, and writer, who has been active in the entertainment industry for over two decades. She has worked on some of the most acclaimed television shows of the past few decades, and she has done so with a self-effacing, naturalness that makes you want to be friends with her. Although she is most famous for her work in television, Brooke Hennig has made a name for herself in the film industry, as well as in the business world in which she currently operates. She is also a successful author.
Brooke Hennig was born on January 15, 1981 in San Diego, California. She spent her childhood on a military base in Germany, and she first left home when she was just fourteen, due to the fact that her mother had become pregnant with Brooke’s older brother. She attended college at the University of San Diego and on graduation, she moved to Los Angeles to work as a producer and an actress.
The duo has since become a popular team. Ian is an Emmy-winning screenwriter and Brooke is an award-winning actress. They have worked on some of the most acclaimed television shows of the past few decades, including The exce
Brooke Hennig’s career path
Brooke Hennig began her career in film as a production assistant on the television series Baywatch (1989-91). In 1993, she was hired as an assistant director on Mel Gibson’s The Man Without a Face, for which she was also in the film editing and production departments. She soon became a full member of the crew, and when Gibson was cast in his directorial debut, The Patriot (2000), she was one of his first hires as a producer.
Brooke Hennig’s first job
After The Patriot, Brooke Hennig began her first job in show business as a production assistant on an episode of Baywatch (2000-01). While working on that job, she was also promoted to production manager, and another promotion followed after a few months when she became a line producer. In 2002, she became a senior production manager, and during this time she also became a production associate.
Brooke Hennig’s rise to fame
In 2004, Hennig was promoted to vice president of production at 20th Century Fox, and a few months later, Fox also promoted her to president of production, which she held until 2011. During her time at Fox, Brooke Hennig produced a number of hit television series, including American Gladiators (2004-09), American Horror Story (2011-16), and Empire (2015-present). She is also known for executive-producing the critically acclaimed television series Grey’s Anatomy (2005-13), House of Cards (2013-16), and The Orville (2017-present) and writing the series’ first season.
Brooke Hennig’s life with Ian
They were first introduced through mutual friends, and soon began dating. In 2014, they became parents to a baby girl, Stella, and in early 2017, Hennig filed for divorce from Fox. They reconciled and finalized their divorce in May of that year.
Brooke Hennig and Ian’s New Year’s Resolutions
Brooke Hennig is an incredibly private person, and she has only spoken about her experiences working in television and in the film industry in general during a few interviews. Here, she lists her top three New Year’s Resolutions for herself as well as for others:
– Become a better writer – I have always been a very avid reader, and I have always wanted to try my hand at writing a few pieces of creative nonfiction, but my writing career is currently on hold while I raise my family, so this is something I plan to do once I have some free time. – Become a better friend – Friends are the most important people in the world to have in your life, so it is absolutely critical that I build and maintain strong personal relationships with the people I care about most.
See Brooke Hennig in action!
Here are a few ways that you can get a closer look at Brooke Hennig:
– She is the current president and co-founder of the production company Red Hour, which produces storytelling and multi-arts experiences for audiences of all ages.
– Her husband is a producer on the hit shows Grey’s Anatomy and House of Cards.
– She also produces and acts in Red Hour’s immersive storytelling experiences.
– She is a two-time Emmy-winning producer and one-time actor on two of television’s most popular shows.
– Her first television production was as a production assistant on Baywatch (1989-91).
– After working as a production assistant on Baywatch, Brooke Hennig became a production manager on Mel Gibson’s The Patriot (2000).
– Brooke Hennig became a senior production manager at Fox and during this time she also became a production associate.
Ask Brooke Hennig a question!
– What was your first job?
– What is your proudest career achievement?
– What is your favorite part about your job?
– What is your favorite thing about living in the U.S.?
– What is your one regret from your career?
Brooke Hennig is one of the most recognizable and successful television and film actresses of our time.
Brooke Hennig is an extremely private person, and she has only spoken about her experiences working in television and in the film industry in general during few interviews. Here, she lists her top three New Year’s Resolutions for herself as well as for others:
– Become a better friend – Friends are the most important people in the world to have in your life, so it is absolutely critical that I build and maintain strong personal relationships with the people I care about most.
Thanks for making the transcript!