If you’re looking to start a bathroom renovation in Melbourne, it can be difficult to know where to even start! With so many decisions and investments to make, it’s not surprising that bathrooms can often be some of the most expensive rooms in the house. More people are turning to planning a renovation in stages instead of tackling the whole bathroom at once. This article will help walk you through your choices and show you how this cost-effective approach can work.
What are the different bathroom renovation projects?
If you’re planning to renovate your bathroom, there are a few different projects you may want to consider. One option is to simply update the fixtures, such as the sink, toilet, or shower. You can also choose to renovate the whole bathroom, which may include adding new tile, flooring, or countertops. If you’re not sure where to start, consult with a professional bathroom renovation contractor to get started.
How often should I schedule a bathroom renovation?
The bathroom is one of the most important rooms in your house, so it’s important to keep it well-maintained. Depending on the size of your bathroom and how often you use it, you may need to renovate every few years. A full renovation can be costly and time-consuming, so it’s important to plan ahead. If you have a small bathroom that you use infrequently, you may be able to get away with renovating once every ten years or so. However, if you have a larger family or entertain guests often, you may need to renovate more frequently. Every three to five years is a good general rule of thumb for bathroom renovations. No matter how often you plan to renovate, it’s important to keep an eye on your budget. A full renovation can cost anywhere from a few thousand dollars to tens of thousands of dollars, so it’s important to plan accordingly. If you can only afford a minor renovation every few years, that’s perfectly fine – just make sure that you focus on the most important aspects of the room first.
What is included in a budget bathroom renovation?
If you’re planning a budget bathroom renovation, the first thing you need to do is figure out what’s most important to you and what you can live without. Prioritize your wish list and budget accordingly.
Here are some items that are typically included in a budget bathroom renovation:
- New toilet: A new toilet is a great way to save water and money on your monthly water bill. It’s also a good way to add value to your home if you’re planning on selling in the future.
- New sink: A new sink can help freshen up the look of your bathroom and make it more functional. If you have a small bathroom, consider getting a wall-mounted sink to save space.
- New bathtub: If you have the room, replacing your old bathtub with a new one can give your bathroom an updated look. Choose a style that fits with the overall design of your home.
- New fixtures: Fixtures include things like towel racks, soap dispensers, and towel hooks. Choosing new fixtures in finishes that match the rest of your hardware will help tie everything together and give your bathroom a more polished look .
- New flooring: Bathroom flooring takes a lot of abuse, so it’s important to choose materials that can stand up to moisture and wear and tear. Vinyl or tile flooring are good options for budget-minded shoppers.
Taking care of the last details
The last details of a bathroom renovation can be the most important. You want to make sure everything is perfect before you use your new bathroom. Here are some tips for taking care of the last details in your bathroom renovation: – Inspect all of the plumbing fixtures and make sure they are installed correctly. – Make sure all of the tile is laid evenly and there are no gaps or cracks. – Caulk all of the joints around the sink, tub, and shower to prevent water leaks. – Apply grout to all of the tile joints and smooth it out with a wet sponge. – Hang all of the shower curtains, towels, and other accessories. – Place all of the toiletries in their proper place. – Make sure the exhaust fan is working properly.
All depends on your budget, your needs and your personal style. However, we do recommend that you start by picking out the big ticket items first such as the toilet, sink and bathtub. Then, you can move on to smaller items like the tile, fixtures and paint colors. With a little bit of planning, you can easily create a beautiful and functional bathroom that you will love for years to come.